1. Does the price for the carport or building include installation?
As long as you are within our normal service area and your land is level, yes.
2. What is your service area?
Our normal service area includes the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Southern Illinois, Indiana, Southern Iowa, Eastern Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Southern Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Eastern Nebraska, New York, Southern New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia.
3. What roof styles do you offer and what are the features of each style?
We offer three roof styles. They are:
• Regular style units have rounded corners and are considered the “basic” of carport designs. Acting as a founding product for all other designs, the regular style unit is typically the most economical and affordable product
• Boxed Eave units are designed with an “A” frame roof truss and horizontal roof panels. This modern design has made this style unit one of the most popular available. An upgrade to Boxed Eave style is both stylish and affordable.
• Vertical Roof units are designed with an “A” frame roof truss and vertical roof panels. Hat channel runs the length of the unit to cross brace the roof and provide a mounting point for the roof panels. This design helps to prevent weathering elements such as rain and snow from “standing” on your building. Vertical Roof units come standard with ridge cap and specially designed wider trim that give the product a modern, finished appearance.
4. Can I order a custom sized unit?
Yes. For example you may need a unit that is 23′ wide x 24′ long. We will make it that size.
5. Do color choices add to the cost of my unit?
No, you may choose any of our 13 colors. You may choose one color for the roof, a different color for the trim, a different color for the sides and if a gable end is desired a different color for it at no additional charge. You may also choose to make all of the colors the same on your unit.
6. Can I buy a carport or garage in a kit and assemble it myself?
Yes, units are available for drop-off only. All materials will be delivered to your location. No assembly instructions are provided. We highly recommend that you have your unit installed by the professional contactors.
7. What are certified buildings and why should I purchase one?
Certified buildings are engineered to meet a specific snow and/or wind load.
Many areas, particularly in the northeast and along the coastal regions, require that the buildings meet a specific wind or snow load. You should be aware of your area’s requirements and purchase a structure that meets the wind and/or snow load requirements for your area. We service a wide territory and since requirements can change from city to county, it is your responsibility to know the requirements and to purchase a structure accordingly!
8. Do I have to pay sales tax for my purchase?
Federal and state governments are tax exempt. You must pay sales tax unless you reside in a tax-free state or can provide a copy of your agricultural or sales tax exemption.
9. What factors may add to the cost of the building?
These are some of the factors that may add to the cost of your building:
• Units installed over an existing structure or obstruction.
• Trip charges will apply for installations outside of normal service area and could apply toward outer edges of service area.
• Installation on unlevel site.
• Installation on a deck or dock.
• Installation on an elevated retaining wall – fees assessed on a case-by-case basis.
• Materials that have to be transported by foot over 50 feet to the installation site.